The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for consulting internal business units to add value and improve operations. Assist in developing audit programs to promote an effective audit. Documents and evaluates internal controls, ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and identifies business risk. This person will a bring systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Identify and assess the variety of risks inherently present in financial, operational and business systems. Identify and evaluate key controls in place to mitigate risk levels. Perform all phases of integrated operational, regulatory and system application audits throughout the organization in accordance with audit standards.
- Handle all aspects of an internal audit project; including planning, performance and summation of internal audits determined by the annual audit plan.
- Participate in planning meetings with business partners, explain the audit approach, scope and objective of the audit. Prepare and lead effective interview and document interview results via narratives, flowcharts and process maps for complex business processes.
- Analyze information and data, draw conclusions based upon professional judgment, interviews, document workpapers and communicate clear and concise audit findings verbally and in written form.
- Analyze process documentation to evaluate design effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
- Establish rapport and open communication channels with assigned client areas, proactively promoting risk management practices and to develop specialized knowledge. Protect and support the audit team's credibility and integrity through individual actions.
- Examine internal controls in existing and proposed processing systems. Develops and executes audit procedures to test system. Performs complex analysis to assess and convey results.
- Maintain business relationships with management to ensure Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives to ensure necessary Audit response is developed. Compiles all relevant business, process, and system information. Propose practical solutions to address potential control issues and/or process inefficiencies.
- Interact with management to assess audit findings. Work with business partners to develop action plans to mitigate concerns and evaluate the business partner's response. When appropriate, test corrective action taken.
- Work with Audit team to develop and create practical and cost-effective solutions for process improvements and/or efficiency enhancements.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related area.
- Minimum 7-9 years of experience as an auditor, including 1-3 years auditing financial data.
- Maintain independence and objectivity.
- Experience with and excellent understanding of risk management and process concepts.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required sometimes
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- CIA, CPA, CISA or equivalent certification preferred.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
323 West Jones Street, Suite 600
Raleigh, NC 27603