The individual who excels in this position will advance financial forecasting, modeling and analysis to support financial management, senior management decision making and enterprise strategies. In addition, the analyst will provide financial forecasting, modeling, and reporting to support Civic FCU's business and operational needs.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Update financial forecast and analysis monthly/as needed in collaboration with various teams and run financial forecast in the ALM model (ZM) to deliver related reporting.
- Develop, maintain and enhance financial models (Excel and ZM) including modeling inputs, assumptions, methodology, back-testing and reporting.
- Perform financial projections and analysis to support balance sheet management, business case/project analysis and strategic initiatives.
- Support the annual financial budgeting process.
- Actively monitor and analyze trends of key financial metrics and the underlying drivers. Understand financial performance against forecast and the reasons for variances.
- Follow industry trends and conduct benchmark/peer analysis. Collect, research and analyze internal and external data to gain actionable insights in support of financial modeling and analysis.
- Perform financial modeling and scenario analysis as requested by management.
- Support ALM, capital management, performance measurement and balance sheet optimization.
- Production and ongoing delivery of PowerPoint presentations/reporting for Senior and Executive Management, the Board and its related sub-committees at both LGFCU and Civic FCU, as well as external reporting materials to support requirements of credit union regulators, accounting firms and any other authoritative bodies.
- Document work processes and models used for financial forecasting and analysis purposes.
- Support loan and deposit pricing analytics and associated recommendations.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- 2+ years hands on experience (including in an academic setting) in forecasting, modeling and/or analyzing complex data utilizing various analytical software.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail. Exhibit high standards of accuracy.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to function in a commercial business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, economics, business, accounting, mathematics, statistics or engineering.
- Possession or work towards advanced degrees in finance, economics, business, accounting, mathematics, statistics, engineering or related quantitative fields.
- Possession or progress towards Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of bank or credit union finance experience.
- Familiarity with financial statements, financial forecasting, modeling, cost-benefit analysis, valuation analysis and cash-flow analysis, preferably related to banking and financial services.
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets; experience with statistical tool such as SAS.
- A self-starter who can accomplish all responsibilities independently with minimal guidance as well as collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, projects, and relationships simultaneously.
- Strong presentation skills.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609