Job posting has expiredBack to search results
| United Rentals|
|parental leave, paid time off, 401(k)|
United States, Apopka
|July 04, 2023|
Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Scaffolding Tech I, E & D at United Rentals you'll use your skills to set up and dismantle scaffold, swing stage, or mast climber to provide customers access to specific portions of a building. You will work as a member of both the erection/dismantling and ground crew. You will also build and dismantle under the guidance of a Scaffold Tech II/Operations Supervisor and in accordance with company policies, manufacturer's guidelines, and Osha standards. Your strong work ethic, reliability, safety conscience, and positive attitude will make you an asset to our branch and entire organization.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals.
Additional duties include the following:
* Under direct supervision, perform manual and maintenance tasks in a safe and professional manner
* Set scaffold base and anchors, install cross braces, guardrails, toe boards, verticals, horizontals, mast sections, swing material using various hand and portable power tools including and not limited to banding equipment, hammers, ratchets, power drills, and hammer drills.
* Mobilize scaffold/swing/mast climber from ground to erect location and vice versa for dismantle of builds.
* Assist drivers with loading and off-loading of material
* Adhere to safe work practices and procedures so that the job site and/or equipment yard/facilities is free of potential hazards
* Ability to record inventory of equipment on delivery and pick up
* Maintain clean housekeeping on projects and at branch
* Use of fall protection in accordance to Osha regulations
* Recognize safety concerns; work in a safe manner
* Communicate safety concerns with supervisor
* Other duties required at Supervisor's request
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Active applicable state class driver's license
* Pass background check and drug screen
* Basic knowledge of tools
* Strong teamwork and customer service skills
* Basic understanding of schematics and diagrams
* Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
* Some weekend work will be required.
* Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs., and seldom lifting up to 75 lbs.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles:Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Non-Full Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, non-full time eligibility in select provinces.
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.