As a critical and senior member of the Information Security team, the Senior Cyber Security Analyst works closely with the management, business units, enterprise applications and infrastructure teams to ensure network availability, network/system security and data security for the credit union. The position will provide coverage, at times, for some systems administration duties. This position supports the Information Security practice within the credit union by providing 2nd and 3rd tier support related to security and identity related incidents and requests. A primary function of this role is to process incoming work tickets, triaging, resolving and redirecting them as necessary.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Lead ongoing analysis of security tools and evaluate available technology capabilities against the security needs of the credit union.
- Provide daily data displaying the overall security coverage for specific platforms which shall be reported in appropriate manner.
- Provide network defense system architecture, installation and configuration support by identifying, developing and facilitating implementation of initiatives and programs designed to enhance the security of the credit union's network and data assets.
- Ensure network security access and protect against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction of data that are critical to enable achievement of information security program goals and objectives.
- Reviews, develops, tests, and implements security plans, products, and control techniques as well document security policies and procedures.
- Draft and update existing documentation to include tactics, techniques and standard operating procedures and security controls for all hardware/software used on the network.
- Provide technical expertise in development and support of Information Security and operational activities, processes, and tools for protecting technology-based information.
- Assist with enterprise-wide establishment, and maintenance of data, security-related infrastructure, applications, and processes.
- Lead response and investigation efforts in cyber security incidents and design corrective actions.
- Perform software security analysis during software approval processes for the credit union and provide recommendations accordingly.
- Review, respond to and work to mitigate findings from internal and external penetration tests and audits.
- Works with Enterprise Applications and Enterprise Architecture teams to design security services and recommend security architecture improvements.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- 7-9 years general Information Technology experience working in a mid-size to enterprise environment.
- 3-5 years advanced Cyber Security experience required, including knowledge of security assessment and penetration testing methodology.
- Solid experience working with security technologies including firewalls, IPS/IDS, NAC, EDR, proxies, and other products to secure network borders.
- Advanced knowledge of network monitoring, SEIM, and incident response/threat hunting tools.
- Ability to function in a business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required on occasion.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or other engineering or technical discipline.
- CEH, GWAPT, GPEN, OSCP, GSEC, GCIH, GMON, GCWN, GCIA and/or GSE certificates.
- Experience interpreting and implementing cyber security regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of network administration and engineering.
- Strong experience with digital forensics on host or network from malware perspective, ability to identify anomalous behavior on network and/or endpoint devices.
- Experience with Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) solutions.
- Experience with processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.
About the Civic and LGFCU Culture
Our organizations believe we can all do well by doing good. We value the contributions of diverse minds and prioritize the success and wellbeing of our employees. We also believe every person in our organization plays a role in supporting a healthy environment and helping to achieve our goal of prosperity for all. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for professional advancement and individual growth. We strive to always display integrity, self-awareness, courage and respect for one another while continuing to seek opportunities to learn. We really believe that when our employees succeed, our community wins.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Please see job description