The position is responsible for Member Business Lending, Consumer and Mortgage Loan Operations. This Vice President develops a strategy that ensures the organizations policies and procedures are met. Responsible for driving innovation and providing sound department leadership to maintain the safety and soundness of Civics RE loan closing and organization collateral as well as other collateral for Member Business Lending, Consumer and Mortgage. This position is responsible for overseeing the loan operations department encompassing the commercial, consumer, equity and real estate areas as well as the daily supervision and operations of the department, including ensuring that excellent service is provided to members, verifying loan input including new and renewal, payoff, file maintenance, portfolio insurance and collateral perfection. This position is also responsible for reviewing daily and monthly reports and reconciliations along with applicable collateral releases.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Sets the strategic goals for the Loan Operations Department. Effectively communicates and provides feedback and guidance to the loan operations team as it relates to the progress and results related to these goals. Creates and maintains all Loan Operations written procedures, checklists, and job aids.
- Leads the evaluation, testing and/or modifying of current or new products & procedures, according to user requirements that conform to regulatory guidelines.
- Manages third party relationships. Continually assesses service levels and ensures systems are being used in the most effective way for our members and internal staff.
- Provide support, assistance, and backup processing for all loan servicing functions for commercial, consumer and mortgage including, but not limited to: payments, payoffs, line advances, disbursement of loan funds, file maintenance requests, recording and satisfaction of loan documents, loan collateral administration, scanning of loan documents, and image retention on the core systems.
- Utilizes company resources and other support organizations. Implements process and systems changes accordingly.
- Provides for staff development on products/services, regulatory compliance, polices/procedures as well as service excellence techniques. Monitors productivity, accuracy, and overall job performance for staffing efficiencies.
- Partners cross-functionally with other departments including but not limited to Accounting/Finance, Collections, Lending, Member Service Support (Experience Center) to provide support.
- Partners with compliance and Audit to provide loan files and documentation as requested for NCUA, internal and independent third-party audits of consumer, MBL and portfolio loans.
- Documents and communicates operational risk exposures and internal control weaknesses as well as analyzes monthly reports for the SVP Lending.
- Directs all aspects of loan operations for loan portfolio including insurance monitoring, payoff and release of liens, collateral perfection and safeguarding of documentation. Track key loan data of loan portfolio data and ensure the input of all data to the system is accurate and complete.
- Leads all aspects of collateral files of all commercial, consumer and residential loans.
- Applies extensive knowledge of loan products in maintaining the loan core processing systems specifications to maximize operational automation and efficiency.
- Records documentation custodian oversees the filing and maintenance of original documents received/retrieved.
- Prepares commercial Real Estate loan document including any pre-funding review of loan packages including entity documentation, promissory notes, security instruments, loan agreements, lien instruments, title commitments/real property searches, UCC searches and insurance policies.
- Follows up on titles not received from other Financial Institutions and research outstanding titled processed and revies and processes Loan Support pending ticklers and trailing documents to ensure that Civic maintains collateral perfection.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 10 - 12 years of experience managing/servicing business and consumer loans, lines of credit exceeding $10M, and managing loan RE documentation process and collateral perfection with an emphasis in commercial loans and consumer related mortgage loans.
- Minimum of 7-9 years of operational experience in both syndicated and participation commercial loans including experience with working with attorneys or title insurance companies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer, equity and residential lending policies, procedures, regulations, and legislation.
- An understanding of loan GL reconcilements and investor accounting.
- Working knowledge of loan operations requirements related to collateral perfection and insurance.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required sometimes.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 1-3 years of Credit Union loan servicing experience.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Possess strong computer skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and remain flexible.
- Technical background and on-going maintenance of loan core system as well as a functional understanding of a loan origination system (LOS).
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27609
Please see job description