The Card Service Analyst will act as the internal point of contact for any questions related to Card Services. Responsible for providing support to resolve inquiries on card services from the Experience Center Representatives, members, and other internal departments. Must operate as a liaison between business units, vendors and technical support staff to provide exceptional and professional support, analytics and service.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Create and analyze monthly card reporting, card spend, attrition, revenue, and expenses. Provide analytical insights to Senior Management to assist in their card-based decisions.
- Evaluate and monitor risk performance of card services, programs and products and effectively manages the workload to ensure required analyses, reports and recommendations are provided.
- Analyze card customer behavior and develop models to segment and target members for acquisition and spend campaigns.
- Develop and maintain all card and payment services policies and procedures in accordance with regulations. Advise and implement appropriate changes.
- Complete the daily settlement process (processing entries to various card general ledger accounts and DDA control accounts).
- Develop business cases and financial models for the most attractive opportunities, based on profit potential and implementation requirements. Proactively identity opportunities to increase revenue and profit from our card programs.
- Work with internal departments and external vendors to identify and analyze potential, suspected and current card and payment fraud to formulate recommendations and prevent future loss.
- Investigate and analyze the causes, methods and process of fraud activities with internal departments and external vendors and generate card and payment fraud prevention and analysis reports.
- Act as the primary Chargeback contact for our processor and provide information to our chargeback programs (debit, credit, prepaid).
- Research all issues and work closely with other departments to ensure that the issues are properly resolved in a timely manner.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, marketing, or related field position.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years Financial Institution experience, preferably in card services.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required sometimes
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Experience researching and analyzing products and services at a financial institution.
- Knowledge of financial products and services.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27609
Please see job description