Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Consumer Loan Fulfillment Specialist
| Local Government Federal Credit Union|
United States, North Carolina, Raleigh
6408 Hilburn Drive (Show on map)
|March 21, 2023|
The Consumer Loan Fulfillment Specialist will act as the subject matter expert as it relates to all consumer and residential real estate loan fulfillment and booking utilizing the loan core system. This position will liaise with various business units that touches consumer loans and related functions including but not limited to research, lien perfection, reporting and tracking processes, and resolving consumer loan issues. The position will work with individuals from across the Credit Union to act as a resource relating to the loan system and client loan information. Additionally, the position will support the consumer lending growth strategy by assisting the AVP, Credit Administration with specific credit product development and implementation.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
1. Prepares loan documentation; performing processing of consumer loans; specifically with an emphasis on all home equity loans.
2. Responsible for gathering and reviewing of Title Opinions, Title Reports, Hazard and/or Flood Insurance, Appraisals, payoff statements, and other related documentation to ensure policies and regulations are followed.
3. Creates and monitors required home equity pre/post disclosures; reviews finalized loan documentation for accuracy and performs necessary lien recordings.
4. Corresponds with members via email, phone, or mail to follow up on required conditions to close loans and non-funded loan requests.
5. Assists the AVP, Credit Administration with the review and testing of new releases and system enhancements to the lending operating system and core system as necessary.
6. Assists the AVP, Credit Administration in maintaining existing consumer credit products in the Credit Union's core system and lending operating system to ensure appropriate alignment.
7. Compiles with and stays abreast of all policies, guidelines, and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to consumer loan servicing of real estate and non-real estate products.
8. Supports policy, guidelines, and procedures related to consumer real estate closings/transactions with key stakeholders to ensure correct structure, loan documentation, and loan is boarded accurately into the core system.
9. Proficient in consumer and RE loan documents in multiple lending jurisdictions, lien filing, and titling, and vehicle and RE insurance, taxes and escrow.
10. Assist in conjunction with Consumer Lending Manager to create and/or amends as necessary loan servicing processes, procedures, policies, and systems with knowledge of all consumer related regulations related to real estate and non-real estate consumer loans.
11. Prepares for and assist with coordinating internal/external audits pertaining to consumer credit products. Expectation of zero audit exceptions as it relates to scope of responsibility. Performs periodic self-audits of all areas of responsibility.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
1. Minimum1-3 years of consumer loan servicing of real estate and non-real estate experience.
2. Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or related field required.
3. Experience with consumer loan and documentation procedures, policies, regulations and laws, in addition to knowledge of bankruptcy and consumer law.
4. Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize, and accept change and function in a team environment.
5. Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
6. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
7. Some travel required.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
1. Credit experience at a Credit Union/Financial Institution.
2. Possess strong analytical and computer skills.
3. Ability to be resourceful and remain flexible.
4. Technical background and on-going maintenance of loan core system as well as a functional understanding of a loan origination system (LOS).
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Please see job description