This position is responsible for facilitating all aspects of assigned quality management projects, auditing, and reporting. Consults with all InVision Human Services (IHS) subsidiaries as appropriate to assess, plan, facilitate, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate quality improvement projects, audits, and/or reporting objectives. Responsible for completing quality assignments in compliance with the IHS Quality Management Plan, as well as regulatory agency requirements.
- Actively supports the mission, values, and strategic objectives of InVision Human Services, with a focus on stakeholder satisfaction, positive outcomes of care and service, continuous quality improvement, and fiscal responsibility.
- Provides expertise, oversight, and resources to enhance the culture of InVision's Quality Management philosophy, concepts, tools, and applications.
- communication and implementation/analysis of processes that may impact quality metrics.
- Collaborates with Leadership on recommendations for sustainable processes and system improvements to maintain or improve quality metrics or other project objectives.
- Works collaboratively with individuals, departments, services, and entities within the system to assess outcomes, identifies opportunities for improvement or areas of concern, and improves performance.
- Utilizes traditional and innovative tools and techniques to collect and analyze data and information from internal and external sources, assesses why unwanted variation in processes and outcomes exists, and identifies how to change or redesign those processes to continually improve the quality and safety of the people that we serve, as well as the performance of organizational functions.
- Responsible for leadership and guidance in facilitating efforts directed at continually improving processes of care and service and advancing evidence-based practices throughout InVision Human Services.
- Ensure appropriate and effective departmental outcome measures are reported on a consistent monthly basis. Review and monitor progress by each department from month to month and assist in addressing barriers, as well as new measures needed as appropriate.
- Requires the ability to interact productively within the organization and to actively participate in reaching the short- and long-term performance goals of the organization.
- Chart review and data abstraction in support of quality measurement, analysis, and improvement across InVision Human Services and its subsidiaries.
- Assists the organization in maintaining preparedness for external audits and licensure surveys.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Responds to requests for data aggregation, reports and analysis.
- Serves as a resource for education and training regarding quality improvement, internal process improvements and external regulatory requirements.
- Stay apprised of new regulations, draft regulations and other informational bulletins affecting child welfare and its potential or real impact to the work of the organization.
- Work, as needed with legal counsel in interpreting new information and establish any changes needed to ensure the agency's compliance to such.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to outside entities on the agency, programs and outcomes.
- Participates in activities such as literature review to identify appropriate recommendations for quality improvement initiatives, population assessment, and development of data collection tools.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
The following constitute the behavior expectations the company has for each employee:
* Treats everybody with dignity and respect
* Is honest and trustworthy
* Respects authority and the chain of communication
* Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn about the company and its philosophies
* Exhibits empathy
* Respects others' opinions, beliefs and position on a matter, even if it contradicts his/her own
* Understands the importance of, and practices respectful disagreement
* Follows fundamental business etiquette and protocols
* Complies with all policies and regulations
* Projects a positive attitude and image of the company internally and externally
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, as well as any physical requirements. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree and three to five years' experience working within quality management, quality improvement, or data management in the human services field.
- Sporadic travel within the state required
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence professionally and succinctly
- Ability to execute interpersonal business relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively present, articulate information, and respond to questions from all levels within the organization
- Logical thinking and analytical skills are required and essential to the success of the QM Specialist's role
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear and frequently uses hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands/arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch, and may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any job-related function as directed by their supervisor.