Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Sr. LVN Supervisor - Primary Care, Encino
| University of California - Los Angeles Health|
United States, California, Encino
|July 01, 2023|
Description In this position, you will be responsible for all nursing and clinical services in the Ambulatory & Community Practice. Your duties include, but are not limited to:
* Direct nursing care, clinic administration, patient flow coordination and supervision of clinic nursing staff
* Interaction with faculty, residents, patients, and staff to maximize patient care and ensure patient safety
* Coordination and assignment of tasks and duties of all nursing and supplemental staff based on established protocols, policies and procedures
* Supervision of staff; conducting the evaluation process, maintaining yearly staff competencies, providing all necessary training for new and existing staff and reviewing staff timesheets for accuracy based on the daily schedule
* Ensuring that all applicable policies and standards are maintained at all times
* Planning for and adjusting staffing on a daily basis to maintain efficient and adequate operations
* Maintenance and upkeep of the practice
* Managing the Quality Assurance process
Salary Range: $31.66 - $47.46/hourly
* Possess active license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners with Intravenous Therapy and blood withdrawal certification.
* Possession of active CPR BLS from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
* 3+ years LVN experience required
* Ability to take vital signs, administer medications and obtain drug refills as needed.
* Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and report to the physician.
* Knowledge of symptomatology of common and or life threatening medical problems.
* Interpersonal skills in maintaining a cooperative working environment with the physicians, staff, and all health providers.
* Performs phlebotomy, CPR, Injections, and other skills within scope of practice.
* Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, Windows computer function, computer navigation, and ability to use computerized patient care systems.
* Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments.
* Verbal skills to effectively convey sensitive information in a courteous manner in person or on the telephone.
* Ability to lead a team with effective communication, collaboration and maintaining high-quality standards.
* Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members, faculty, patients, nursing staff and others.
* Team building and leadership skills, preferably to include prior supervisory experience
* Knowledge of all instruments and supplies to perform physical examinations and/or procedures
* Supervisory experience