Mercedes-Benz is USA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values.
Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
MBUSA requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date. Currently, "fully vaccinated" is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with a valid medical/religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
- Manage the plant quality of export operations and is the quality specialist between MBUSI and MBUSA's Vehicle Operations team who oversees all export operations. This individual will identify root cause of quality issues and or test highly technical work instructions to repair and improve the quality of the vehicles from all plants that have gotten to the USA. This position will obtain input and advice from the plant to address non-transportation quality issues of the vehicles prior to departure from the USA. This position is responsible to determine, develop document and assure implementation of all quality processes, tools and controls to address issues in accordance with the applicable Mercedes-Benz quality standards and processes.
- This position will manage all communication (verbal and written) to all plants, Quality Management team and MBUASA which includes the development of necessary reports that capture quality issues, identify trends, statistical quality analysis and provide corrective actions as needed to address the quality issues/trends that are identified by this position.
- In addition, this position will function as the liaison for all quality related initiatives and task forces required to developed and implemented due to production quality issues identified at VPCs. This position will also assist MBUSA's VPC/Quality Management Team with plant campaigns by being a direct link to all plants to clarify action repair instructions, coordination of actions, identify parts and control unit software verifications necessary to address the quality issues in the most operational and cost effective matter.
- Responsible to determine and develop strategy, implementation and execution for EV reporting for VPCs and Quality Management.
- Responsible to create all process steps of the quality process with regards to action management and repairs to identify sources of quality issues:
- Manage/ conduct periodic audits of action management repairs and processes.
- Oversee the quality inspection process and process changes by providing to third party staff in the VPC the education as necessary to ensure the quality inspection processes are being completed in accordance with MBAG quality standards.
- Responsible to conduct periodic virtual and onsite meetings with MBUSA/MBAG pIants and Quality Management to discuss current trending quality topics from the various worldwide markets and to provide proposals to improve such quality topics on behalf of the worldwide markets.
- Conduct annual updates and assure alignment with MBAG standards.
- In preparation for any new model launches, this person will proceed with initial pre quality inspections and report back to MBAG QM team.
- Monitoring and reporting of VPC vehicle inspection quality results according to QM/Plant defined standards and reporting requirements. Regular communication with MBC Manufacturing facilities to understand quality of vehicles as they leave the manufacturing facility, enter the transportation chain, and ultimately arrive at the respective VPC facilities.
- Assist VPC action process (action parts determination and inventory monitoring, work instruction/flash software clarification/monitoring).
- Identification, analysis, reporting of vehicle quality trends by reviewing and utilizing various quality sources (VPC audit results, JDP/IQS results, warranty data, plant quality data, Dealer PDI, VPC quality inspection results).
- Implementation and upkeep of complete VPC standard work instruction process (SWI) with consideration of current quality topics as well as VPC inspection time capacities.
- Assist VPC quality inspection process and process changes by providing SME support to VPC staff as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in automotive quality control, automotive technology, statistical analysis, quality assurance.
- Proficient knowledge of automotive technical information systems and repair/diagnostic procedures Preferred.
- Work experience in relevant areas required
Must have 5+ years (total) experience in the following:
Business - General Several years of expertise in the automotive industry with knowledge of Quality Management.
Business - Specific Knowledge of automotive sales, quality engineering, manufacturing and quality processes, statistical analysis and reporting.
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.