At NRG, we're bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at . Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Warehouse Assistant supports warehouse operations by preparing, processing and moving inventory productively, safely, and accurately per established standards and guidelines.
* Responsible for handling inbound merchandise from external vendors
* Accountable for reading and pulling orders
* Move inventory and materials across facilities with forklift or pallet jack
* Sort, organize and store inventory in the proper location
* Process inventory for deliveries to job sites
* Delivers or picks up equipment and materials to from job sites, vendors or supply houses
* Reports damaged or missing inventory to supervisors
* Update logs and documentation for inventory processing
* Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for all associates
* Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
* Follows all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety
* Other duties as assigned
* Duties may vary by location.
* 1+ year prior Warehouse experience
* Ability to operate a forklift or pallet jack
* Valid Driver's license
* High school diploma or GED
* Must be able to communicate in English effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Valid driver's license required
* Ability to work overtime with little notice; weekend hours mayoccasionally be required.
* Experience pulling a trailer preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment
* Proactive mindset
* Must be able to work independently and with a team
* Organizational skills and attention to detail
* Willingness to learn and be a part of a team
* Positive attitude and a team player
* Ability to build positive relationships with customers, both internal and external
* Willingness and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
* Safety mindset and acceptance of a safety culture
* Related experience may be substituted for education
* Warehouse environment
* Travel by vehicle to and from work locations
* Comfortable working both indoors and outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE
* Must be able to drive and operate a motorized passenger vehicle or forklift
* Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds frequently
* Frequently performs tasks requiring climbing, bending at the waist, crawling, kneeling, crouching
* Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and occasionally work on platforms/scaffolding (using the appropriate fall protection requirements)
* Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, masks/respirators, reflective safety vests, gloves and safety toe, construction-grade work boots
* Must be able to adhere to long periods of standing, walking or sitting
* Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and/or other sounds to operate phones or other equipment safely.
* With natural or corrected vision, able to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
* Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to others
* Ability to enter text or data into a computer by means of a traditional keyboard or 10-key numeric keypad
* Must be able to use arms and hands to reach overhead, signal, grab, hold, lift, turn, push and pull objects and tools
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster(The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources