More than anything, RGA employees love their jobs because it's challenging work. We believe smart people work smarter when they're empowered. When they use logic, balanced with creativity and curiosity. At the forefront of RGA's culture is collaboration - a must to be successful within our organization. These are just a few of the attributes we are looking for in an Investment Accounting Analyst/Derivative Accountant Analyst to join our team.
The Investment Accounting Analyst/Derivative Accountant Analyst implements appropriate regulatory and GAAP accounting treatment for investments and investment related accounts. Accounts, analyzes, reports, and presents assets held for investment which intersect and include derivative instruments.
- Performs accounting functions, and maintains and prepares month-end, quarter-end and annual reports (GAAP & STAT) for assigned asset and investment accounting areas. undefined.
- Engages with Asset Managers, Investment Accounting Managers and Analysts to answer and resolve questions and issues in a timely manner. undefined.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes investment data/reports, provides solutions to resolve issues, and prepares reports. undefined.
- Navigates through substantial quantities of data/reports and/or statements to detect errors and gather financial information for reporting and/or makes recommendations to set up new portfolios in all systems and setup reconciliation /reporting files. undefined.
- Assists in investment reporting and analysis for department projects. undefined.
- Refines accounting/financial reporting procedures and guidelines to ensure accurate consolidation of existing and emerging domestic and international accounts. undefined.
- Works with other functional areas in the Company to achieve efficient and effective accounting and reporting practices and procedures and responds to and requests from other functional areas on various inquires. undefined.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent related work experience
* 5+ years accounting or auditing experience
* Progress towards Master's degree and/or CPA * Progress towards FLMI
* PeopleSoft or other accounting software applications experience
* Enterprise reporting experience
* Experience with Statutory or GAAP accounting
* Insurance, reinsurance, financial services experience and/or investments accounting experience
Skills and Abilities
* Basic Word, intermediate Excel and SQL/Query skills
* Advanced knowledge of accounting/finance theory and application
* Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
* Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
* Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
* Intermediate level of investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Intermediate interpersonal skills
* Ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
* Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
* Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
* Ability to foster customer service as needed
* Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
* Basic negotiating and persuasion skills
* General business knowledge
* Knowledge of investments and investment accounting
* Working knowledge of derivatives and their use to mitigate risks associated with interest rates, credit, equity, and foreign currency volatility.
* Knowledgeable about accounting and reporting for repurchase agreements, reverse repurchase agreements, securities lending and borrowing, and other structured finance transactions
* GAAP accounting research experience
* Experience with OpenLink Findur derivative software
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $70,235 - 91,360per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location.